Dragons Are Real podcast
This page links to my RPG Podcast hosted on Anchor.fm
- 025: A Quater of a Century : Call ins Call ins from the legendary OSR Anchorites.
- 024: What I have been Slaying and a free PDF My latest gaming news and a free PDF for my Fear and Fun rules.
- 023: Hex Crawls and point Crawls An alternative to hex crawling in Role Playing Games - the point crawl.
- 022: The Dictionary of Imaginary Places A book detailing over 1200 locations from literature and media, handy for inspiration when designing your own locations.
- 021: Alien RPG and some alternatives The Cinematic Starter Kit for the forthcoming Alien RPG by Fria League has been released to backers. If you want some more Alien type games in this episode I give you some alternatives you should check out.
- 020: Epees and Sorcellerie (Sword and Sorcery) A review of the English translation of this French RPG.
- 019: MDF Flat Miniatures for RPG's A look at these great looking miniatures ideal for roleplaying.
- 018: Arkenforge Masters Toolkit VTT A great piece of software for use as a Virtual Table Top in person.
- 017: Troika Numinous Edition A review of the weird fantasy game by Daniel Sell.
- 016: Fabled Lands (A Solo Game) I have been doing some solo gaming using this book which is in the Choose Your Adventure style.
- 015: UK Games Expo My visit to the largest annual UK games show. I discuss my purchases and meet up with a fellow anchorite.
- 014: Journeys in Middle Earth and Year Zero Engine The new boardgame from Fantasy Flight games and the core engine behind the Free League games released as an OGL.
- 013: Minimald6 and my free RPG I discuss the minimald6 RPG and present my new rules The Long Game based on shows such as Leverage, The A-Team and White Collar.
- 012: Encumbrance Lamentations Style A couple of call-ins and then I discuss using encumbrance in your game.
- 011: Starting a new campaign Recorded before and after I was prepping for a new campaign. It explains how I prep for a new session and my after thoughts.
- 010: Dungeons & Dragons Basic (Mentzer) Released in 1983 the latest version of Basic was a complete re-organisation of the rules which taught the players and Dungeon Master how to play the game, step by step.
- 009: GM Tools Some useful ways to record details of a campaign.
- 008: My New Campaign Recorded in my car, I discuss my new upcoming Campaign.
- 007: D&D Expert (Cook) Released in 1981 as a counterpart to the Basic rules. It takes characters from levels 4-14.
- 006: Skills Using skills in OSR games, do we need them.
- 005: D&D Basic (Moldvay) I discuss the 1981 Dungeons and Dragons Basic rules known as B/X or the Magenta Box and detail the changes from the previous edition by Holmes.
- 004: Making a Zine Are you considering making a zine then this episode may be for you. I will also be releasing a zine as a tie in to this podcast.
- 003: Conversions and Settings I discuss my tips to make conversions between different systems, or taking a setting and using it in your favourite RPG.
- 002: D&D Holmes 1977 Released in 1977, Holmes edition was released a precursor to the upcoming Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.
- 001: D&D Whitebox 1974 In Episode 001 I discuss the grandfather of tabletop fantasy Role Playing Games, Dungeons and Dragons. Written By Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson these were a collection of guidelines rules for fantasy gaming. Nowadays they are referred to as 0e, Whitebox or the 3LBB.